What is expected of the PCS Intern?
- Meet weekly with Officers and staff advisor; be accountable to the officers and help ensure clear communication among all.
- Utilize office space in the Intern cubicle and keep it orderly.
- Meet one-on-one with staff advisor at least bi-weekly throughout each semester for spiritual and leadership development.
- Attend and help organize/plan the Ministry Leadership Retreat in August (the weekend prior to the start of fall classes),
- Support the Officers by completing background, administrative work.
- Report directly to the Officers.
- Hold at least 8 Office Hours a Week (All hours do not have to be in the office).
- Type names into computer at the beginning of the semester and through the summer as they come in
- Help officers brainstorm ideas for reaching more students
- Maintain Boiler Catholics brochure with details, times and leaders
- Work with Marketing Interns on updating web site pages for groups
- Make sign-up sheets for all events and input names as they come in
- Facilitate volunteer recruitment by keeping all lists updated
- Help with Homecoming (e.g. printing off handouts, picking up supplies)
- Organize the Boiler Catholics storage and inventory supplies
- Facilitate on-campus promotional events (set-up, clean-up)
- Help with administration of Sunday Night Dinner
- Make folders and copy papers for MLT weekend and meetings
- Train student leaders in the use of Flocknote
- Help file PO’s and keep track of group budgets
- Buy supplies for and assemble senior gifts
- File BoilerLink events and address BOSO/SAO concerns regarding submitted events
- Update BoilerLink public profile, student member roster and officer information
- Familiarity with mission/operations of Boiler Catholics & St. Tom’s
- Microsoft Office, GoogleDrive, FaceBook
- Willingness to become familiar through training with St. Tom’s office structure and procedures as well as with university/on-campus advertising and policies (e.g. BOSO, SAO, PSUB)
PCS Intern Application