|In-Person||Livestream/ Recorded||Reservation Required|
|5:30 p.m. (Vigil)||X||X||X|
Vigil Mass @ 5:30pm
Sunday Mass @ 9am
Sunday Mass @ 11am
Sunday Mass @ 7pm
This Mass is suspended until the spring 2021 semester.
Sunday Mass @ 9pm
This Mass is suspended until the spring 2021 semester.
All Live stream Masses and in-person audio recordings of Mass homilies may be accessed from St. Tom’s YouTube channel.
Note: Daily Mass live stream begins at 11:30 AM, and Sunday Mass live stream begins at 9:00 AM. .
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to receive notifications (and links) to live events that are about to begin and to recorded events.
I am having issues with the stream. Can you fix this?
Most of the issues are related to the fact that nearly everyone is using the internet these days, so internet providers are experiencing strain on their networks that slow everyone down.
Other issues are related to the device on which people view the stream. A newer, faster computer that is hard-wired to the internet is always going to be better than trying to view it over WiFi or on a mobile device such as a phone. If you have issues during the Mass, try refreshing the page.
The sound is too low, what should I do?
The sound system at St. Tom’s is turned up as high as it can go. The sound issue you are experiencing is likely related to the device on which you are watching the stream. Turn your volume as high as it can go. If this does not work, consider streaming the mass on a different device.
Prayer for Spiritual Communion
Provided with the absence of Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen
Prayer of the Faithful
- Let us pray that we, as Christ’s body, and all church leaders will serve the world with humility, mindful of those most in need here and in all parts of our world. We pray to the Lord.
- Let us pray that the Uniting in Heart Campaign will continue to build the Kingdom of God in our diocese and ensure that we recognize Jesus in the faces of hungry, unsheltered, imprisoned, and immigrant women, men, and children. We pray to the Lord.
- Let us pray that those with power in our secular world will be led by divine wisdom to quickly end the scourge of COVID-19 and that those who serve the Public health will have the tools they need to stay healthy and support those in their care. We pray to the Lord.
- Let us pray that we, the community of St. Toms, will follow the Good Shepherd in “goodness and kindness” and that we will faithfully follow “right paths” toward racial equality and justice. We pray to the Lord. LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER.
- Let us pray for all who are suffering the pain of illness, loss, or loneliness. We recall Alice Tocheny and Dudley Templeman, and those listed in the bulletin who especially need our prayers, and those whose trust has been betrayed by our Church. May those whose lives have been scattered, be gathered into the loving arms of the Savior. We pray to the Lord.
- Let us pray for those whose earthly pilgrimage has finished. May we who grieve their passing join with them in the “house of the Lord” where God will be “all in all.” We pray to the Lord.
- Let us pray for the silent intentions of our heart. May we who yearn for reconciliation and wholeness in Jesus find Him as he “spreads a table before us” and all who turn to him in need. We pray to the Lord.
- A reminder that automated, online giving through Faith Direct can make giving even easier for you. To sign up, visit our donation page. For those who prefer to donate through cash and checks, you may continue to send them or insert them into the secure drop-box in the alleyway.
- Please prayerfully consider your pledge to the “Hearts on Fire” Catholic Ministries Appeal. We understand that these are challenging times, and very much appreciate your continued commitment to your parish and diocese. For more information or to make an online pledge, visit the Catholic Ministries Appeal page.
- Preparations for Jubilee Christmas are underway. St. Tom’s is a long-standing participant in Lafayette Urban Ministry’s Jubilee Christmas program, which provides holiday gifts to area families facing financial hardship who have children ages 12 and under. Visit the Announcements section on www.boilercatholics.org to sign up to purchase gifts or provide monetary donations towards gifts.
- Our Art & Environmental ministry, which decorates St. Tom’s throughout all of the liturgical seasons is seeking volunteers to help with creative planning, production, and installation. Visit the ministry page for details.
- Due to the imminent departure of our Purdue students for the fall semester and the lack of adorers for all of the timeslots, Eucharistic Adoration will be suspended after Tuesday, Nov. 22until January.
- Next Sunday is the first Sunday of the month when we gather food for the hungry in our community. For everyone’s convenience and safety, a white pickup truck will be parked near the handicapped entrance all day to drop-off your food pantry donation.
- Also, next Sunday our second collection will benefit our Mother Teresa Fund, (which provides rent and utility assistance to area families). Your support is greatly appreciated! Designated donations can be placed in the collection baskets at the exit doors or the alleyway drop-box, mailed in, or submitted online through Faith Direct.
How to Attend Virtual Mass
Created by Caitie Beardmore, this link provides tips for participating in the Mass at home, especially for families.
FORMED – The Catholic Faith. On demand
As a St. Tom’s parishioner, you have instant access to thousands of movies, programs, audio and books on spiritual formation through FORMED. To sign up or to access, visit formed.org/signup and search for “St. Thomas Aquinas West Lafayette.
We ask that you continue to remember both St. Tom’s and your community through the Mother Teresa Fund by giving online through Faith Direct.
St. Tom’s Birthdays and Anniversaries
Each Sunday, we celebrate our parishioners’ special day at the end of Mass! If you are attending Mass by live-stream, you can still participate by submitting your birthdays and wedding anniversaries in advance (Thursday, prior to the weekend).
Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary during the COVID-19 Pandemic
you always shine on our path
as a sign of salvation and of hope.
We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick,
who at the cross took part in Jesus’ pain, keeping your faith firm.
You, Salvation of the Roman People,
know what we need,
and we are sure you will provide
so that, as in Cana of Galilee,
we may return to joy and to feasting
after this time of trial.
Help us, Mother of Divine Love,
to conform to the will of the Father
and to do as we are told by Jesus,
who has taken upon himself our sufferings
and carried our sorrows
to lead us, through the cross,
to the joy of the resurrection. Amen.