|In-Person||Livestream/ Recorded||Reservation Required|
|5:30 p.m. (Vigil)||X||X||X|
Below is a calendar and links to our live-stream Mass opportunities as well as some worship aids and resources. Be sure to join Flocknote for ongoing updates to parish Mass and activities as they become available.
All Live stream Masses and in-person audio recordings of Mass homilies may be accessed from St. Tom’s YouTube channel.
Note: Daily Mass live stream begins at 11:30 AM, and Sunday Mass live stream begins at 9:00 AM. .
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to receive notifications (and links) to live events that are about to begin and to recorded events.
I am having issues with the stream. Can you fix this?
Most of the issues are related to the fact that nearly everyone is using the internet these days, so internet providers are experiencing strain on their networks that slow everyone down.
Other issues are related to the device on which people view the stream. A newer, faster computer that is hard-wired to the internet is always going to be better than trying to view it over WiFi or on a mobile device such as a phone. If you have issues during the Mass, try refreshing the page.
The sound is too low, what should I do?
The sound system at St. Tom’s is turned up as high as it can go. The sound issue you are experiencing is likely related to the device on which you are watching the stream. Turn your volume as high as it can go. If this does not work, consider streaming the mass on a different device.
Prayer for Spiritual Communion
Provided with the absence of Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen
Prayer of the Faithful
- That God may bless our parish and Diocese, strengthen our faith, and grant us the spirit of Christian Stewardship during our Catholic Ministries Appeal. We pray to the Lord.
- For the universal Church, especially our ordained and lay ministers, may they “praise Your name forever,” as they serve the Body of Christ on earth. We pray to the Lord.
- For the world and all our leaders, that we recognize in “Christ’s compassion,” the example we must all follow, as we seek to solve the problems of hunger, homelessness, racism, and violence. We pray to the Lord.
- For our St Tom’s community, may we learn to be “generous in forgiving” and more “gracious and merciful” as we seek to grow the Kingdom of God in our own community. We pray to the Lord.
- For all our caregivers and those seeking a cure for COVID, may they see themselves as “laborers in the vineyard of Our Lord” performing works of “mercy and grace,” and may we be steadfast in doing our part to reduce the spread of the disease and to ensure care for the most vulnerable. We pray to the Lord.
- For all those who suffer today, including especially Heidi Myers, Alice Anderson, Gregory Kunz, Rita Sigo Keller, Mick Keller, Meggan Christensen, Bernadette Schwallier, Alice Tocheny, for those listed in our bulletin, and for those hurt by Our Church, may Our Lord who is “compassionate toward all His works” bring them comfort and help us to serve their needs. We pray to the Lord.
- For all who have died, including those lost to COVID, because “the last shall be first,” let us rejoice in their final rest with God. We pray to the Lord. (Lord, hear our prayer.) For all who have died, including those lost to Covid, because “the last shall be first” let us rejoice in their final rest with God. We pray to the Lord.
- For the intentions, we silently recall in the depths of our hearts and for the intention of this mass — for all Souls in Purgatory … that we will find God’s love and mercy as we turn to Him in prayer. We pray to the Lord.
- A reminder that automated, online giving through Faith Direct can make giving even easier for you. To sign up, visit our Faithdirect page. For those who prefer to donate through cash and checks, you may continue to send them or insert them into the secure drop-box in the alleyway.
- A reminder that virtual Hunger Hike will finish this Sunday at 1 p.m. with a live-stream event. Visit our Hunger Hike page to participate or contribute to the St. Tom’s team.
- Parishioners age 21 and older are invited to experience the spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius in their daily life through a program that includes weekly meetings and prayer. To learn more, attend the call-out on Tuesday, Sept. 22, at 7:00 p.m. or contact email@example.com.
- Graduate students and young professionals in their 20s and 30s! CALL 20/30 invites you to a fun-filled, social-distanced game night downstairs on Friday, Sept. 25, at 7:30 p.m. Registration is required.
- Those 18 and older who haven’t been Confirmed are encouraged to join St. Tom’s Confirmation course during October. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If you did not receive the “Hearts on Fire” Catholic Ministries Appeal in the mail and are feeling called to give, please pick up a brochure and pledge card from the tables by each exit after Mass this weekend or visit this page.
- Remember to pick up today’s Bulletin at the exit doors for information on many upcoming St. Tom’s events. And be sure to review community members listed in the Bulletin’s “Prayers for Those in Need” section. The names on this list will be cleared after next weekend so any individuals who still need our prayers should be submitted again to email@example.com.
How to Attend Virtual Mass
Created by Caitie Beardmore, this link provides tips for participating in the Mass at home, especially for families.
FORMED – The Catholic Faith. On demand
As a St. Tom’s parishioner, you have instant access to thousands of movies, programs, audio and books on spiritual formation through FORMED. To sign up or to access, visit formed.org/signup and search for “St. Thomas Aquinas West Lafayette.
We ask that you continue to remember both St. Tom’s and your community through the Mother Teresa Fund by giving online through Faith Direct.
St. Tom’s Birthdays and Anniversaries
Each Sunday, we celebrate our parishioners’ special day at the end of Mass! If you are attending Mass by live-stream, you can still participate by submitting your birthdays and wedding anniversaries in advance (Thursday, prior to the weekend).
Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary during the COVID-19 Pandemic
you always shine on our path
as a sign of salvation and of hope.
We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick,
who at the cross took part in Jesus’ pain, keeping your faith firm.
You, Salvation of the Roman People,
know what we need,
and we are sure you will provide
so that, as in Cana of Galilee,
we may return to joy and to feasting
after this time of trial.
Help us, Mother of Divine Love,
to conform to the will of the Father
and to do as we are told by Jesus,
who has taken upon himself our sufferings
and carried our sorrows
to lead us, through the cross,
to the joy of the resurrection. Amen.