Please take a few moments to view our 2020 Year in Review video with a special message to all of the St. Tom’s faith community!
We also welcome your prayers and your year-end contributions online through Faith Direct.
To assist with your spiritual preparation during Advent and the schedule for sacraments during this season, St. Tom’s offers you the following resources and information:
- Morning Prayer: Deacon Dan will lead morning prayer during Advent on Mondays to Fridays at 7:30 a.m. beginning November 30 via Zoom. Meeting ID: 892 1561 4912, Passcode: 923542
- Participants should download the free iBreviary Pro Terra Sancta app on Google Play or the Apple App Store to follow along.
- “Being Evangelized by God:” Grant Freeman, director of evangelization, will lead an Advent spiritual discussion of the weekly Advent Gospels via Zoom on Thursdays, Dec. 3, 10, and 17 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. (Meeting ID: 919 2841 4143, Passcode: 687543).
- Advent Evening of Reflection: CALL 20/30, the young professionals and graduate student group, is hosting an Advent Evening of Reflection on Saturday, Dec. 12, in Newman Hall from 6:30 to 9:00 pm. Pause to prayerfully reflect on the spiritual waiting and patience of the Advent Season. Fr. Brent will lead a reading followed by meditation in prayer and small group discussion. Takeaway treats will be provided for attendees.
- Join St. Tom’s for a virtual watch party of “The Chosen” (season #1). This widely acclaimed series is about Jesus through the eyes of those who knew him. Party attendees will visit www.boilercatholics.org/thechosen/ to watch the show and for a post-watch discussion from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, December 8, 10, 15, and 17 and January 5, 7, 12, and 14.
- Additional Opportunities:
- Sign up for daily Advent videos and meditations to your inbox through reallifecatholic.com.
- Sign up for Bishop Barron’s Advent Reflections in your inbox each morning.
- University of Notre Dame’s McGrath Institute for Church Life partners annually with Marian Library of Dayton, Ohio, to bring campus an exhibit of crèches, or Nativity scenes, from around the world. This Advent, they are offering a daily email with an image and description of a crèche, along with a brief prayer that you can offer for yourself and your loved ones.” Sign up through the McGrath Institute.
- Attend the Advent “Night of Hope” Livestream by Franciscan University of Steubenville on Saturday, Dec. 12, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Holiday Sacramental Schedule
Note: Online reservations are required for Weekend, Christmas, and New Year’s /Solemnity of Mary Masses. If you are a guest at St. Tom’s over the holidays, we welcome you and encourage you to reference our COVID safety protocols for Mass attendance.
- Daily Mass at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday Night Mass at 9:00 p.m., and Sunday evening Mass times (7:00 and 9:00 p.m.) are suspended from Monday, Nov.23 until the spring semester begins.
- Christmas Eve (Thursday, Dec. 24): 5:30 p.m. In-person/Livestream (Children’s Mass) and 10:00 p.m. In-person/Livestream. Reservations Required.
- Christmas Day: (Friday, Dec. 25): 9:00 In-Person/Livestream and 11:00 a.m. In-Person. Reservations Required.
- Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God / Holy Day of Obligation: Mass on Thursday, Dec 31, at 5:30 p.m. in anticipation, In-person. Mass on Friday, January 1, at 11:00 a.m, In-person/Livestream. Reservations Required.
A temporary confessional has been set up in the northwest corner (near the permanent confessional). Parishioners unable to wait in line for the Sacrament of Reconciliation may schedule an appointment with a priest to hear their confession by calling the Church Office at (765) 743-4652.
Reconciliation will continue to be offered from 11:00 to 11:25 a.m. on Mondays to Saturdays and from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. Daily, except the following times:
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve – will not be offered from 11:00 to 11:25 a.m.
- New Year’s Day
Eucharistic Adoration is being suspended until January. Information on a restart time and sign-ups will be shared closer to January.